Choosing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) can be a time consuming task, due to the number of technology vendors and the complexity of the products. To help its participants, the MO HIT Assistance Center has researched, screened, and evaluated multiple EHR technologies, resulting in the selection of 12 EHR vendors whose products have met the MO HIT Assistance Center minimum requirements.
The screening process included the following steps:
- Detailed Request for Information from the general EHR vendor population
- Review of submitted responses against minimum criteria - comprehensive primary care functionality, CCHIT certification 2008 or later, company stability and experience, and clinicians participation in product design
- Scripted clinical and practice management demonstrations for each product
- Functionality and usability assessment of each product by an EHR Evaluation Board, composed of 12 practicing physicians and 6 practice managers
- Identified EHR vendors to 3rd party Group Purchasing Organization (APS)
- Release of a financial/contractual Request for Proposal (RFP) by the Group Purchasing Organization (GPO)
- Grouping of vetted EHR vendors based on GPO contracting terms and conditions as follows (Note: To utilize the contracts you must alert the vendor by telling them you are a REC participant and want the APS contract - to become a REC participant contact us):
Group 1: Accepted the terms, conditions, and protections included with the GPO master contract without modification, or with modifications that left intent of those provisions intact:
Group 2: Accepted most of the terms, conditions, and protections included within the GPO master contract, but insisted upon amendments to selected terms:
Group 3: Vendors in this group are not contracted with the GPO:
By identifying the list of vetted vendors, the MO HIT Assistance Center does not endorse any vendor as ideally satisfying a provider's functional requirements at a cost-effective price. As a Regional Extension Center, we will work with ANY EHR vendor that our members choose.
Please follow the link to access the Vendor Appeals policy.